– Recycle tarpaulin or canvas; from agricultural / horticultural / promotional uses
– Use business plan as outlined by Jo
– Public workshops: filmed, and shown on website
– Certification: similar to recycled symbol
– Prototyping begins on Monday 23 Feb
Industry invests cash in designers > designers have more scope to experiment > design studios facilitate workshops with public (consumers) > consumers’ feedback is used to identify trends in the market > feedback to industry > industry creates products in response > better sales> percentage of profit goes back to design sector of industry.
Result: = designers are more innovative = greater degree of creativity among the public (educates a better appreciation of materials, recycling, sustainability, waste management..) = industry survives credit crunch = market serves consumers better.
Workshops we run:
– Drawing classes
– T-shirt printing
– Weaving / knitting
– Paper making
– Writing workshop
– General stupid, simple, fun activities – Blue Peter style!
– We can approach new markets in their own territory; e.g. design workshops in Gyms, Cinemas, Schools, Nightclubs
Jobs for coming days:
– Create a logo
– Brainstorm a brand name
– Create a website
– Get advice: Cultural Enterprise Office; Hamid
Next meet-up: Wed 25 Feb
– Decision on brand name, market, price, mission statement
– View prototypes
– Amendments to website